B.COM INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Sri Krisha Adithya College of Arts and Science
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Bachelor of Commerce in Information Technology is a much-sought-after undergraduate programme. B.Com IT graduates who demonstrate skills and knowledge in both business and information technology domains. The aim of the programme is to create graduates who are able to offer and manage business solutions through information supported technology.
The curriculum has been designed to furnish to the ever changing demands of information technology along with necessary inputs from the Industry. This Programme is meant to heighten technological know-how, to train students to become industry specialists, to provide research based training and to encourage software development. Students are exposed to the design and development of systems and engage in solving real-life problems and implement and continually adopt these systems to changing organisational needs. This programme enables students to become professionals in their fields providing them the perfect opportunity to pursue and succeed in their postgraduate studies.
Dr. R. GEETHA
M.Com ., MCS., M.Phil., P.hD
HOD/ B.Com CS & CA
- Prepare students to function effectively in a dynamic technological era.
- Promote the development of Commerce-related IT skills for immediate application to other curricular areas.
- Enable to have sound knowledge of the theory behind the core subjects like Tally. Management Information Systems, computer architecture, operating systems, data bases, computer networks.
Facilitate the development and application of problem-solving skills in students
The Bachelor of Commerce in Information Technology is an innovative program based on a number of core courses in commerce with IT. Upon graduation, the students will be able to understand the impact of technological change related to commerce and also appreciate the current usage of IT in business and industry. Further, the students will be exposed to the current trends in commerce which will enable them to become leaders in the IT field.
- To provide basic understanding about Commerce and Information Technology.
- The specialization subjects are of Accounting, Marketing, Management, Computer Language, Software and Software application in the Commerce.
- To provide a sound intellectual base from which an advanced career in Commerce related Computer Application can be developed.
- To make the student familiar with the mechanism of conducting business dealings through electronic media.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) The B.COM IT program describes the accomplishments that graduates are expected to attain within five to seven years after graduation
- PEO1- Students will be able to understand the concepts of Commerce.
- PEO2 – Programme aims to develop comprehensive professional skills which are required for Commerce graduates.
- PEO3 -Students will acquire necessary skills to work in computerized accounting regime
- PEO4 -Students will be able to get trained in relevant computerized accounting packages
- PEO5 -Students can do commerce with necessary IT Skills towards research and consequence of this, they can become Professors in Colleges or become highly valued Industrial Experts in Digital Accounting
Best Practices of the department
Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science
- The department organizes monthly one External lecture in the classrooms for B.Com IT by company secretaries and auditors from eminent companies.
- Administers customized training programs for business by providing Tally Certification in tie up with Tally academy.
- Seeking input from MNC, the Department has MoU for the Finance and Accounting Elective course with Tata Consultancy Services.
- Striving for independent thinkers and personal growth the Department offers Spoken Tutorial and Digital Marketing certification.
- Maintains a high standard of performance, to the achievement of academic and professional goals by offering National Accounting Talent Search Examination, Economic Talent Examination.
- The Department endeavors in guiding and encouraging students to complete various online certification courses though NPTEL and other portals.
- All students are envisioned to present and publish papers in various State, National and International Level Conferences and Seminars.
- The student academic plan, course material, lecture plans are sent to the wards one week ahead of their sessions through Google classroom.
- All the classes are equipped with smart boards and the department encourages on E-learning and M-learning to keep pace with global technology trends and enhancing traditional instruction with technology to prepare students for success in the work place.
- Each and every student is constantly observed on their needs and regularity in classes through Tutor ward meeting and Parent – Teacher Meeting.
- Endow support for the students who are weak in their subjects by conducting Remedial Classes.
|S.NO||WorkShop Title||Date||Resource Persons||Number of Participants|
|1||Investment and Online Share Trading||06.2.19||Mrs.S.Chitra, Director, Annamalai Capital Services, Coimbatore||120|
|2||Indian Contract Act||18.7.19||Mr.Pasupathi, Director EXIM Academy, Coimbatore||60|
|3||Technical Analysis in Online Trading||30.9.19||Dr.L.Balaji, Director, A Try Academy, Coimbatore||60|
|1||Guest Lecture on Indian Companies Act||11.6.19||Mr.Vanjinathan,||Practicing Company Secretary, Coimbatore|
|2||Guest Lecture on Lifting the corporate veil||21.6.19||Mr.Vanjinathan||Practicing Company Secretary, Coimbatore|
|3||Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility||16.8.19||Mr.Mathankumar||HR Executive, Chennai Silks, Coimbatore|
|4||Guest Lecture on Deposits||19.8.19||Mr.Vanjinathan||Practicing Company Secretary, Coimbatore|
|5||Guest Lecture on Decision Making in Management||21.8.19||Mr.Harihara Sudhan||HR Executive, Suguna Foods, Coimbatore|
|Guest Lecture on Secretarial Duties||20.9.19||Mr.Srinivasan,||Company Secretary, Malabar Cements|
|7||Guest Lecture on Motivation and Morale||1.10.19||Mr.Rangarajan,||Rtd Professor, PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore|
|8||Guest Lecture on Meetings and Proceedings||14.12.19||Mr.G.Balasubramaniam||
Company Secretary, Roots Multi Clean Ltd, Ganapathy, Cbe – 06
|9||Guest Lecture on Depreciation||06.01.20||Mrs.Sakunthala,||
CA & CS, Practicing Company Secretary
|10||Guest Lecture on Depreciation||27.01.20||Mrs.Sakunthala,||
CA & CS, Practicing Company Secretary
|1||10/9/2020||Roll of Corporate Governance in the present scenario||
Mr.Vanjinathan, Practicing Company Secretary, Coimbatore
|19/11/2020||Youth and Environment||
Mr, Osai Kalidas, Enviromentalist, Coimbatore
Prof. Elango, Professor, The American College, Madurai.
|11/11/2020||Cognizance on Women Safety towards Cyber Crime||Mrs.Susheela Devi LLB, Advocate, District Court, Nagercoil Dist.|
|5||26/11/2020||Indian Constitution Day||
Adv.Mathivaanan, LLB, Coimbatore
|24/11/2020||Board Meeting During COVID ’20||Mr. G.BALASUBRAMANIAM,
FCS, Company Secretary, Roots Multi Clean Ltd, Coimbatore
|7||10/12/2020||Gender Sensitization||Mrs. Pandi Selvi,Coimbatore|
Value Added Courses/Professional Courses
|Name of the value added courses (with 30 or more contact hours)offered during last five years||Year of offering||Number of students enrolled in the year||Number of Students completing the course in the year|