Head Of the Department
Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science
The department of Tamil was started in the year 2015 with one lecture and has grown to the strength of 120. The language paper is a part of the curriculum for the first two semesters for the arts courses and first four semesters for the science courses. The language is the backbone of communication, hence it has its importance in higher education and a number of extracurricular are organized by the department to develop the skills – speech, writing, creativity etc.
The Department consists of 3 doctorate and 3 conferred doctorate. The department professors have written books and published many research articles.
The department imparts the students what imaginative works mean, by teaching how they mean, by teaching how meaning is embedded in form thereby develop their skills of interpretation. These skills can be articulated in a graded way, starting from micro and heading to macro.
- To inculcate the Indian heritage and culture through literature in the young mind of the students.
- To render basic knowledge of Tamil language to all the students.
OBJECTIVE OF THE DEPARTMENT
To Enrich the students skills and bring them Confidence in the Competitive world.
The language paper is a part of the curriculum for the first two semesters for the Arts courses and first four semesters for the Science courses.
The language is the backbone of communication.
OUTCOME OF THE COURSE
To enable students to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence required for successful practice of Tamil language and leadership and to help them develop a holistic personality to lead full fill personal and professional life.
- Job opportunities in state Government sectors.
- Job opportunities in press and media.
- Job opportunities in central Government sectors.
DEPARTMENT BEST PRACTISES
- Archaeology Knowledge
- Computing Tamil
- Poetry (Kavithai) – writing & Reading practice
- Book Review (Poetry, Short Story, Novel)
- Debate – Good Speaker
- Tamil letter writing practice (Official)
- Reading practice – Pronunciation – Media (Radio – TV channel)
Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts & Science