Mr. K. MOHAMED AADIL
Mr. Mohamed Aadil K, is a young and dynamic faculty in the department of Psychology. He has specialized in ‘Counseling Psychology’ and he is highly passionate about teaching, research and training. He is a certified Art therapist and Indian SIgn Language interpreter. As a psychologist, he aspires to efficiently employ his skills and knowledge into practice and contribute significantly to the ecosystem. He gained experience as an intern at different domains such as Special education, Human Resource Management and Counseling & Guidance. He has volunteered with multiple organizations namely ‘Make a difference’, ‘Compassionate Clowns’ and ‘Human Library Bangalore’, ‘Thoughts & Talks’ and rendered his psychosocial support as a core team member. As a part of his journey with Make a difference, he trained more than 100 children on life skills as a ‘Lead Facilitator & Mentor’ in Dream Camp-2017 and 2018. He has also mentored and guided adolescent students from shelter homes and equipped them to be fully functional individuals. As a socially responsible psychologist, he has supported multiple individuals during the ‘Covid-19’ pandemic by providing free counseling services to handle their distress. He served as the ‘Secretary’ of Psychology Association in PSG College of Arts and Science, during the academic year 2016-17 and ‘Deputy Representative’ of PG Department of Psychology in Jain University, during the academic year 2019-20. He exhibits his command over language by writing poems and short stories in the context of emotional wellness and building core values.
- M.Sc Psychology from Jain (Deemed-to-be) University, Bangalore.
- B.Sc Psychology from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
National : 1
- Effect of Fomo on Loneliness and Life Satisfaction among Young Adults, Indian Journal of Psychology and Education, Articles 2020 , Vol 10 , No. 2 , pp 77-82.
Attended multiple webinars on topics such as Dialectical Behaviour therapy for suicide, Solution focused brief therapy for coping with pandemic, Overcoming negative emotions, Basics of Graphology, Essentials of leadership and motivation, Psychotherapy from the epic Mahabharatha, Student Self development program, Social psychology in days of pandemic, Mental health and lifestyle modifications during pandemic, Mental health and healing, Suicide first-aid, Building hope and confidence.
Conducted a webinar on the topic “Effective methods for conflict management in relationships”
Research Work in Masters : ‘Effect of mindfulness on grit’ : An experimental study based on mindfulness interventions.
FDP/ Workshop/ Training Attended
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Brief therapy (SFBT)
- Dialectic Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Animal Assisted Interventions (AAI)
- Expressive Arts therapy
- Helpie – Suicide Gatekeeper Program
- Mental First-Aid
- Exploring Self-compassion
- Understanding R
Awards/ Achievements/ Others
- Awarded the ‘Best Paper’ in the National Conference organized by Surana College, Bangalore, November – 2019.
- Qualified UGC-NET examinations in June 2019.
- Conducted a session titled “A chat on handling exam pressure” for higher secondary students of Good Shepherd Matriculation School, Pollachi, January 2020.
Conference: Participation & Presentation
- Presented a paper on “Relationship between PUBG addiction, Personality and Decision Making among young adults” in the National conference hosted by Sampurna Montfort College, Bangalore.
- Presented a research titled “A cross-sectional study of grit, positivity and locus of control among engineering students” in the National Conference conducted by PSG college of arts and science, Coimbatore.
- Presented a study titled “Effect of Fomo on Loneliness and Life Satisfaction among Young Adults” in the National conference hosted by Surana College, Bangalore.