Head Of the Department
Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science
ABOUT CS DEPARTMENT
The Department of Computer Science started in the year 2015 and Computer Applications in the year 2016. The undergraduate Computer Science & Applications (CSA) at Sri Krishna Adithya acknowledges the relevance of computing and information science to every academic discipline, and emphasizes exposure to drive innovation in the future. They will not only develop a diverse set of skills to prepare for graduate school and for employment, but will also be encouraged to launch their own startups or venture into new types of careers using their interdisciplinary training. It aims at developing technically progressive, globally competent and dynamic CS professionals. It grooms the students by offering a blend of technical and soft skills to meet corporate expectations. The department has well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members and it possesses well equipped laboratory. Faculty and students are exposed to recent technological development through regular Industry – Institution Interaction. The department has an excellent academic and placement track records. Our students are placed in reputed industries like TCS, Infosys Technologies, HCL, IBM, WIPRO, Capgemini, Amazon, Aditya Brila group. 303 UG students are majoring in Computer Science department.
- A close-knit undergraduate programme is being conducted.
- Student have organized and participated in many events like management activity, quiz, debugging, Web designing and other technical events.
- Students are encouraged to present and publish their research papers in National/International Journals and conferences.
- Students are trained to excel in aptitude Banking, government and private sector recruitments.
- Placement training is given to students from first year onwards.
- Well equipped labs and library to fulfill the academic and personal potential of the students with ground breaking opportunities.
To create, share, and apply knowledge in Computer Science, including in interdisciplinary areas that extend the scope of Computer Science and benefit humanity; to educate students to be successful, ethical, and effective problem-solvers and life-long learners who will contribute positively to the economic. The aim of our mission is to increase Knowledge, Insight and Experimental skills, General academic skills, Personal Development.
To become superlative department in imparting high quality knowledge and in providing students a unique learning in Computer Science.
- Graduates will be able to perform in technical/managerial roles ranging from design, development, problem solving to production support in software industries.
- Graduates will be able to successfully pursue higher education in reputed institutions.
- Graduates will have the ability to adapt, contribute and innovate new technologies and systems in the key domains of Computer Science and Applications
- Graduates will be ethically and socially responsible solution providers and entrepreneurs in Computer Science.
- Graduates will be able to identify, formulate and analyze complex Computer Science and problems in the areas of hardware, software and its related applications.
- Graduates will be able to apply professional ethics and pledge to the norms/responsibilities in the practice of Computer Science.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively on complex software/system activities with the peer community and society through reports& presentations.
- Graduates will able to spot the need for and engage in lifelong learning to cope up with the rapidly evolving disciplines of Computer Science domains.
- Well-equipped, Air – conditioned and sophisticated Computer Laboratories and smart board in all classrooms to have real time simulation reality in outcome based teaching learning process.
- Placement Record with multiple offers across the world in various MNCs.
- Enhancing the employability skills of students by offering industry relevant professional certifications courses like NPTEL, SWAYAM and Spoken Tutorial.
- Providing the required industry exposure through internships and projects.
DEPARTMENT BEST PRACTICES
- To exhibit their talents, students are motivated to involve Group Seminar, Group Discussion, Debugging and also non-technical events by encouraging them to participate in activities.
- Every month we are conducting class committee meeting and also ARM.