Department of B.Com Corporate Secretaryship
The B.Com Corporate Secretaryship programme is designed to bridge the gap between conceptual learning and practical application to inculcate professional corporate expertise. Focus on a better curriculum in order to produce well qualified professionals who are abreast with all aspects of corporate sector. Our curriculum is to provide the most current knowledge and skills for the individuals to get them shaped as Entry/ Mid level professionals in the Corporate Sector. The department imparts Corporate Secretarial skills and provides knowledge and training ground that turns out high caliber, competent, versatile professionals and good Company Secretaries. The department provides conducive ambiance for learning Career oriented subjects like Company law, Corporate laws, Economic laws, Corporate governance, CSR etc.
B.com in Corporate secretaryship is a 3 year full time undergraduate course that involves highly developed study of the concepts and processes of corporate governance, with
Dr. R. GEETHA
M.Com ., MCS., M.Phil., P.hD
HOD/ B.Com CS & IT
- To provide a platform for wider institution – industry interaction.
- To explore and develop the entrepreneurial and leadership potential of the students. To motivate and nurture co-operation, tolerance and mutual respect in our nation of diversity.
- To develop the personality and communication skill of the students and to make them excel in corporate knowledge and fulfill the expectations of the corporate sector.
- To create young corporate, Leaders with global outlook in, consonance with liberalized, Economic Scenario
- To provide knowledge in the various areas of Corporate Secretaryship and laws relating to companies.
- To develop the skills of analyzing, evaluating problems and taking decisions.
- To keep pace with dynamic industry changes and management practices and to enhance knowledge updates through Technical Workshops, Seminars, Guest Lectures and Internships.
- To ensure that the curriculum bridges the Institution and industries expectations.
The B.Com. CS program describe accomplishments that graduates are expected to attain within five to seven years after graduation
PEO1 – Demonstrate ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment by learning new skills and new competencies for application thereof .
PEO2 – Acquire the spirit of compassion, kinship and commitment for National Harmony
PEO3 – Progressively adopt and learn continuously through ICT modules
PEO4 – Enable the students to acquire professional qualification at the earliest.
PEO5 – Prepare young and Capable Company Secretaries and Professional for managing Corporate Organisation efficiently.
SRI KRISHNA ADITHYA COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCE
Affiliated to Bharathiar University
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION – CBCS PATTERN
Department of Commerce with Corporate Secretaryship
- Batch: 2020-2021
- Batch: 2019-2020
- Batch: 2018-2019
Best Practices of the department
Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science
- The department organizes monthly one External lecture in the classrooms for B.Com CS by company secretaries and auditors from eminent companies.
- Administers customized training programs for business by providing Tally Certification in tie up with Tally academy.
- Seeking input from MNCthe Department has MoU for the Finance and Accounting Elective course with Tata Consultancy Services.
- Striving for independent thinkers and personal growth the Department offers Spoken Tutorial and Digital Marketing certification.
- Maintains a high standard of performance, to the achievement of academic and professional goals by offering National Accounting Talent Search Examination, Economic Talent Examination.
- The Department endeavors in guiding and encouraging students to complete various online certification courses though NPTEL and other portals.
- All students are envisioned topresent and publish papersin various State, National and International Level Conferences and Seminars.
- The student academic plan, course material, lecture plans are sent to the wards one week ahead of their sessions through Google classroom.
- All the classes are equipped with smart boards and the department encourages on E-learning and M-learning to keep pace with global technology trends and enhancing traditional instruction with technology to prepare students for success in the work place.
- Each and every student is constantly observed on their needs and regularity in classes through Tutor ward meeting and Parent – Teacher Meeting.
- Endow support for the students who are weak in their subjects by conducting Remedial Classes.
- The Department ensures in nurturing students as a Visionary Professional by providing:
- ACA, ACMA – Tie up with Chezhiyan Academy
- ACS, ACCA – Tie up with ARA Education and Consulting.
- Manages to fulfill industry expectation by providing training:
- Banking Recruitment Exams – Tie up with Chennai Race Coaching Institute Pvt Ltd
- TNPSC Exams – Tie up with Radian IAS Academy.
The association aims to optimize the following skills to the students’ community.
- Skill Improvement
- Industry – Academic bond
- Relevance to present needs of Industry, Society and Learners.
- Time Quality
The Department has Commerce Cubicle student association which has been active since its initiation is in providing the students learning through doing.
Commerce Cubicle organizes Product Launch , Youth Assembly , Business Plan , AD Round, orphanage visit , out bound program , Business Quiz , Debate , Inter collegiate meet and managerial interface program to participate in various events and competitions which fulfils the distinctive abilities and talents of students as well as it showcases their organizational and leadership skills.
|S.No||Workshop Title||Date||Resource Persons||
Number of Participants
|Investment and Online Share Trading||06.2.19||Mrs.S.Chitra, Director, Annamalai Capital Services, Coimbatore||120|
|Indian Contract Act||18.7.19||Mr.Pasupathi, Director EXIM Academy, Coimbatore||60|
|Technical Analysis in Online Trading||30.9.19||Dr.L.Balaji, Director, A Try Academy, Coimbatore||60|
|Guest Lecture on Indian Companies Act||11.6.19||Mr.Vanjinathan,||Practicing Company Secretary, Coimbatore|
|Guest Lecture on Lifting the corporate veil||21.6.19||Mr.Vanjinathan||Practicing Company Secretary, Coimbatore|
|Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility||16.8.19||Mr.Mathankumar||HR Executive, Chennai Silks, Coimbatore|
|Guest Lecture on Deposits||19.8.19||Mr.Vanjinathan||Practicing Company Secretary, Coimbatore|
|Guest Lecture on Decision Making in Management||21.8.19||Mr.Harihara Sudhan||HR Executive, Suguna Foods, Coimbatore|
|Guest Lecture on Secretarial Duties||20.9.19||Mr.Srinivasan,||Company Secretary, Malabar Cements|
|Guest Lecture on Motivation and Morale||1.10.19||Mr.Rangarajan,||Rtd Professor, PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore|
|Guest Lecture on Meetings and Proceedings||14.12.19||Mr.G.Balasubramaniam||Company Secretary
Roots Multi Clean Ltd
Ganapathy, Cbe – 06
|Guest Lecture on Depreciation||06.01.20||Mrs.Sakunthala,||CA & CS
Practicing Company Secretary
|Guest Lecture on Depreciation||27.01.20||Mrs.Sakunthala,||CA & CS
Practicing Company Secretary
|1||10/9/2020||Roll of Corporate Governance in the present scenario||Mr.Vanjinathan, Practicing Company Secretary, Coimbatore|
|2||19/11/2020||Youth and Environment||Mr, Osai Kalidas
|3||19/11/2020||Theatre Ethics||Prof. Elango, Professor,
The American College, Madurai.
|4||11/11/2020||Cognizance on Women Safety towards Cyber Crime||Mrs.Susheela Devi LLB,Advocate, District Court, Nagercoil Dist.
|5||26/11/2020||Indian Constitution Day||Adv.Mathivaanan, LLB, Coimbatore|
|6||24/11/2020||Board Meeting During COVID ’20||Mr. G.BALASUBRAMANIAM
Roots Multi Clean Ltd
|7||10/12/2020||Gender Sensitization||Mrs. Pandi Selvi , Coimbatore|
Value Added Courses/Professional Courses
|S.No||Name of the value added courses (with 30 or more contact hours)offered during last five years||Year of offering||Number of students enrolled in the year||Number of Students completing the course in the year|
Dr. M. MEENAKSHI SARATHA
Ms. M. SOJA
Ms. Gnanamani G
Dr. K. Akilandeswari
GRADUATE EXIT TEST – B.Com Corporate Secretaryship
Academic Year (2020 - 2021)
VARIOUS EVENTS ORGANIZED BY OUR DEPARTMENT
(Seminars / Workshops / Guest Lectures / Extension Activities )