About the Department
Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2015, with the objective of imparting quality education in the field of Information Technology and to prepare students for jobs in industry, business or government, scientific applications in research laboratories and, for higher education. Information Technology in the curriculum zealously helps the students to build a solid foundation of knowledge and achieve specific learning objectives that will help them progress towards their goals. Prepare students to enhance confidence, creativity, leaders, decision makers, articulate and principled, innovative and confident, and able to think critically with sound reasoning ability. Enriching the students to be eligible for the highest paying jobs in various MNCs like Infosys, TCS, CTS, Wipro IBM, and HCL etc., which involve software development, web designing, software testing and much more. The Department also organizes various academic and non- academic events for the students through the Association.
The association is providing an opportunity to the students for their interaction and for academic development through the arrangements of Workshops/ Seminars and Guest Lectures. Students are motivated to organize and participate in conferences, Seminars, Intercollegiate meet where the students from various colleges can come together to present the paper for further enrichment of their knowledge. Industrial Visit empowers the students to gain practical knowledge and observe the practical scenarios in the industries.
To deepen the knowledge and for exploration towards academic progress, students are guided to publish papers in various publications. Tutor ward outbound programme offered students a great opportunity to immerse themselves in a learning environment which makes sense in the way you want to educate them. The department conducts Tutor ward meeting twice in a month for receiving student’s suggestions academically. The department systematizes Remedial Classes for slow learners to improve their learning skill.
Mrs. M. PUSHPA
M.Sc, MCA, M.Phil ( Ph.D)
Head of Department
The Department of Information Technology (IT) strives to provide quality and competency-based education and research activities through necessary infrastructure and fine-tune the younger generation to congregate the challenges ahead with courage.
To act as the nurturing ground for young professionals who seek to make their mark and to create a talent pool for various industries so that there may be synergistic growth for both.
UNIVERSITY GOLD MEDAL AND RANK DETAILS
PLACEMENT DETAILS (2016-2019)
VARIOUS EVENTS ORGANIZED BY OUR DEPARTMENT
(Seminars / Workshops / Guest Lectures / Extension Activities )
- Janani Sri .R.C and Siva Priya.V II BSc IT has participated and Won First Prize in Math Modelling at Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science on 05.08.2019.
- Sathya Narayanan.S I BSc IT B has participated and Won Third Prize in Tamil Essay Writing at Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science on 31.07.2019.
- Reshma.S I BSc IT B has participated in Tamil Speech conducted by Tamil Department at Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science on 31.07.2019.
- Ragesh.M I BSc IT B has participated Won First Prize in Tamil Poem Writing and conducted by Tamil Department at Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science on 31.07.2019
- Hemalatha.S I BSc IT B has participated and Won Third Prize in Tamil Poem Writing conducted by Tamil Department at Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science on 31.07.2019.
- Reshma.S and Sathya Narayanan.S I BSc IT B has participated and Won First Prize in Tamil Quiz conducted by Tamil Department at Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science on 29.08.2019.
- Ragesh.M and Rahul.J I B.Sc IT B won prize in Tamil Poetry Competition conducted by Tamil Department in regard with Mahatma Gandhi 150th Birthday Celebration on 01.10.2019.