NAME OF THE FACULTY: Ms. P. JUDY PETER
DESIGNATION: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
QUALIFICATION: MA., PGDCA., M.Phil (pursing)
EXPERIENCE: 1 Year 6 months
DEPARTMENT: ENGLISH LITERATURE
Ms. P. JUDY PETER, MA., PGDCA (M.Phil) Assistant Professor of English is currently pursuing her Mphil in LGBTQ and Gender Studies. She completed her undergraduate degree at Nirmala College for Women in Coimbatore. Following this, she earned her Postgraduate Degree at Government Arts College in Coimbatore. Currently, she is pursuing her Master of Philosophy at Government Arts College in Coimbatore. Her research interests include gender and sexuality in literature, the exploration of identity through literature, and the representation of women in literature. She has published extensively in journals and books on these topics
She has attended and presented papers in International and National conferences, workshops and seminars. She has also attended Faculty Development Programs to enhance her teaching technique. P. Judy Peter is a highly dedicated and passionate academic who is committed to creating a positive learning environment for her students.
|3||WEBINAR COUNT (ATTENDED)||4|
|4||WEBINAR COUNT (ORGANISED)||–|
|5||ONLINE COURSES ATTENDED||1|
|SEMINAR AND CONFERENCE|
|12||BOOK CHAPTER CONTRIBUTED||1|
INTERNATIONAL / NATIONAL JOURNALS
- Presented and published a paper on “Gender Discrimination and Cynical Nature of Racism and Sexism in Alice Walker’s Novel The Color Purple” in a National Conference on ‘Gender Discrimination’ held on 23rd January 2019, at Gandhi Arts and Science College, Sathyamangalam-2, on 23rd January 2019.
- Published an article titled “Leaders as Good Shepherds” in RALLY (journal), February 2019, Volume 22.
- Presented a paper on “Oppressed Individuality and Crushed Identity of Indian Women as Portrayed in Kamala Das’s My Story” on Two Day International Conference on New Waves in Language and Literature (NWLL 2019) held on February 8th and 9th, at Sri Krishna Arts and Science College, Coimbatore.
- Presented a paper on “Vivid Fusion of Nature in Man as portrayed in Rabindranath Tagore’s Gitanjali” at Nirmala College for Women Autonomous, Coimbatore.
- Published an article titled “Indian Cultural Barricade and curbed gender roles as portrayed in Harvest by Manjula Padmanabhan” in a book titled “Revisiting Ecology, Culture, Myth, Gender and Diaspora in Literature” published by Perception Publishing House.
- Acted as Judge for Literary Parade in EXCELSIOR conducted by Nirmala College for Women Coimbatore on 27th April, 2022.
ONLINE COURSES ATTENDED
- NPTEL – Literay Criticism (from Plato to Leavis)
- NPTEL – Everyday Psychology
- IIC Member in Bishop Ambrose College, Coimbatore (2021-22)
- Handbook Committee Member, SKACAS, Coimbatore (2022-23)