ABOUT BCA DEPARTMENT
The Department of Computer Applications was established during the year 2019-2020 after the bifurcation from the department of Information Technology. Computing and Information technology are part of everything in our lives today. Studying computer applications will give a competitive edge, the ability to solve complex problems, and a career that will never be obsolete. The department provides space for the students to explore and enrich their knowledge on computer Applications. In par with digital technology evolution and trends, students are inculcating with the knowledge about recent trends in digital world.
Groom the students to be skilled computer professionals by inculcating professional ethics and Research oriented Activities.
Impart world class education through facilitated learning environment.
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: HSC pass with Mathematics
- To develop students in high level performance.
- To develop entrepreneurial skills to the students.
- Provide essential training to the students.
- Provide a learning ambiance to enhance problem solving skills, team spirit and ethical responsibilities.
- Promote research based projects.
- To provide exposure of latest tools.
- To develop the students to design, develop, document, and test software using current techniques.
- To provide students with hands on experience through laboratory courses and projects.
We prepare the students to enhance confidence, creative themselves, decision makers, principled, innovative and confident, and able to think critically with sound reasoning ability. We prepare the students eligible for the highest paying jobs in various MNCs like Infosys, TCS, CTS, Wipro IBM and HCL etc., which involve software development, web designing, software testing and much more. Emphasizing on consistent and good academic performance, the department also encourage the students to participate in co- curricular and extracurricular activities to bring out the hidden talents with them.
- Well-equipped, Air – conditioned and sophisticated Computer Laboratories and smart board in all classrooms to have real time simulation reality in outcome based teaching learning process.
- This is the Digital Age. Every industry uses computers so naturally computer stream students are in great demand. They can easily fit in IT and ITES companies. Their job profile varies from Software Engineer, Data analyst, Network Engineer, Programmer, Quality Analyst etc.
DEPARTMENT BEST PRACTICES
- To exhibit their talents, students are motivated to involve Group Seminar, Group Discussion, Debugging and also non-technical events by encouraging them to participate in activities.
- Every month we are conducting class committee meeting and also ARM.