Ms. R. KALPANA
DESIGNATION : Assistant Professor
QUALIFICATION : MCA., M.Phil., Ph.D (pursing)
EXPERIENCE : 4 Years
DEPARTMENT : Computer Applications
Ms. R. KALPANA, MCA., M.Phil., Ph.D (pursuing) Assistant Professor of Computer Applications, Coordinator of Exam Cell, Placement cell and Club Activities. She has 4 years of experience in teaching. She has completed her Post Graduate Degree in Master of Computer Applications at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. She has obtained her Mater of Philosophy in Computer Science at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore with specialization of Data Mining and Spatial Data Mining. Pursuing her Doctoral of Philosophy in Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
Her Research area includes Data Mining, Spatial Data Mining, Big Data and Data Analytics. She has attended many International and National Conferences, Workshops and Seminars. She enriched her teaching technique through attending many Faculty Development Programs.She has published many research papers in International and National Journals. She has presented a various paper in International and National Conferences. She has also organized Seminars and Workshops for the Students.
|3||WEBINAR COUNT (ATTENDED)||08|
|4||ONLINE COURSES ATTENDED||10|
|SEMINAR AND CONFERENCE|
INTERNATIONAL / NATIONAL JOURNALS(7)
- A Prototype Model of Virtual Authentication Key Exchange Mechanism over Secured Channel in Ad-Hoc Environment, published in International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE), Volume:8 Issue:5, January 2020, ISSN: 2277-3878.
- Security Policy based Resource Access and User Authentication in Ubiquitous Computing Environment, published in International Journal of Innovation Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), Volume:9 Issue:1, November 2019, ISSN: 2278-3075, pp:1836-1841.
- Survey on Internet of Things, published in International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume: 05 Issue: 02, Feb-2018, e-ISSN: 2395-0056, p-ISSN: 2395-0072, pp- 1658-1662.
- Location Prediction for Solid Waste Management- A Genetic Algorithmic Approach, Published in IEEE Podhigai, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research, IEEE Catalog Number: CFP1620J-PRT, ISBN: 978-1-5090-0611-3, pp-995-999, 2016.
- A Semantic Integration of Waste Management Components an Ontology Based Approach, Published in Proceeding of National Conference on Recent Advances in Computer science and Applications – NCRACSA, 19th & 20th March 2015, Gandhigram Rural Institute – Deemed University. ISBN: 978-93-84743-57-4.
- Spatial Data Mining Approaches for GIS – A Brief Review, Publication in Proceedings of 49th Annual Convention of Computer Society of India, Published in Springer Advanced Intelligent Systems and Computing Series, Volume 338, 2015, pp-579-592. Series ISSN: 2194-5357. ISBN Print: 978-3-319-137308, Online ISBN: 978-3-319-13731-5, DOI: 10.1007/978—3-319-13731-5_63. [h-Index]
- A Survey on Geographical Information System, Spatial Data Mining and Ontology, Published in Proceeding of Conference on Intelligent Computing Applications- ICICA 2014, Bharathiar University, March 2014, ISBN: 978-81-9291131-0-0.
INVITED TALK (1)
- Acted as a Resource Person in DBT Funded Hands – on Training Programme on“Computational Approaches in Bio-Informatics using Orange Tool”organized by Vellalar College for Women, 5-6 January 2016.
ONLINE COURSES ATTENDED (10)
- Big Data Architecture
- Introduction to Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Introduction to R
- Big Data Fundamentals
- Data Mining with R
- SQL Fundamentals
- Introduction to Data Science
- Fundamentals of Python
- The Indian Science Congress Association, Membership No: A4487
- The World Congress on Engineering, Membership No: 250965
- Member in Thomson Reuters, Researcher ID: A-9854-2015
AWARDS / HONOURS
|Awards / Honours Agency / Institute Year of Award||Awards / Honours Agency / Institute Year of Award|
|Appreciation Award- Department of Computer Applications, Bharathiar University, 2015.||Awarded certificate of Merit for producing cent percent result in University Examinations, Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science, 2017|